The Kiwi Feathering Prop
A simple solution for low resistance feathering prop.
Kiwi Prop Feathered
The Kiwi Prop
- The Kiwi Feather Prop delivers maximum thrust in both forward and reverse from its three large blades
- Reverse thrust equals forward thrust for maximum maneuverability
- As each individual blade is free to pivot when sailing, each blade is individually aligned with the ever changing water flow brought about by the movement of the boat and the differing installed shaft angles. Drag is minimized. There is no need for a shaft lock to prevent auto-rotation as is common in geared propellers
- Zytel, a modern DuPont composite, eliminates corrosion potential.
- Fits all saildrives, plus industry standard imperial and metric shaft tapers.
The light weight Zytel blades and hydrodynamic blade tips provide for very smooth running at all speeds.
- Simple pitch adjustment, available in left and right handed rotations. Suitable for ~15 to ~55 HP